Patient Responsibility Statement
- To provide to the best of his/her knowledge accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to his health.
- To participate in health care decisions and for following the treatment plan outlined by the practitioner responsible for his/her care. This includes following instructions of the physicians, nurses and other healthcare personnel carrying out the plan of care and enforcing the Facility’s rules and regulations.
- For ensuring that the financial obligations of his/her healthcare are fulfilled as promptly as possible, and in the case of financial difficulty, making all reasonable efforts to meet any agreed-upon financial payment plan.
- For his/her actions if he/she refuses treatment or is non-compliant in following a plan of treatment recommended by his/her physician.
- To know the rules and regulations of the Facility affecting his care and conduct, and for following that Facility’s rules and regulations.
- For being considerate of the rights of other patients and Facility personnel, and for assisting in the control of noise and smoking.
- For being respectful of the property of other persons and of the Facility.
- To make known to his/her physician, attending nurse or other healthcare personnel any concerns or complaints he/she may have.
- To make sure he/she understands all information regarding the implications of his/her symptoms, his/her surgery or procedure (if applicable) and any risks related to having or declining such surgery or procedure, the expected outcomes of the plan of care outlined by this physician, and his/her responsibilities with regard to that plan of care.